Australian Visitor Visa for Indian Citizens can only apply for the Electronic Travel Authority visa (subclass 601) through the Australian ETA app. For longer stays, the Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) is required, which costs AUD 150 and allows a stay of up to 12 months. The Business Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) is recommended for those traveling for business purposes and costs AUD 145. The Australia Visitor Visa Subclass 600 is also available online for Indian citizens and allows a stay of up to 90 days. The cost of the Australian Visitor Visa for Indians is USD $256.49 or about INR 21,170 in total, including all government fees. It is recommended to apply for the visa well in advance of the proposed travel date1.
The documents required for an Australian Tourist Visa (subclass 600) for Indian citizens typically include the following. However, keep in mind that requirements might have changed.
- Valid Passport: Your passport should be valid for at least six months beyond your planned return date from Australia.
- Visa Application Form: The online application form can be completed through your ImmiAccount on the Australian immigration website.
- Passport-Sized Photographs: Usually, you need two recent passport-sized color photographs that meet the specific requirements outlined by the Australian government.
- Proof of Financial Capacity: Provide evidence that you have enough funds to cover your travel expenses, including accommodation, transportation, and daily expenses, during your stay in Australia.
- Travel Itinerary: Present a detailed plan of your intended activities in Australia, including flight details, accommodation bookings, and any tours or events you plan to attend.
- Proof of Ties to Your Home Country: This could include documents such as employment letters, property ownership, or family connections that demonstrate your intention to return to India after your visit to Australia.
- Employment Verification: If you are employed, provide a letter from your employer stating your position, salary, duration of employment, and the permission for your leave of absence.
- Bank Statements: Submission of recent bank statements to demonstrate your financial stability and capacity to support your stay in Australia.
- Health Insurance: While not always mandatory, having travel health insurance is highly recommended to cover any medical expenses that might arise during your visit.
- Character Certificate: You might need to provide a police clearance certificate to show that you have a clean criminal record. This requirement might vary based on the length of your stay.
- Biometrics: In some cases, you might be required to provide biometric data (fingerprints and a photo) at a Visa Application Center.