Australia Tourist Visa

Welcome to

Australia Tourist Visa

Australian Temporary Visas

When applying for a temporary visa it is important to be aware of the Department of Immigration's strict guidelines. Migration Downunder will help you understand these critical guidelines and advise you correctly to ensure the best outcome.

Temporary Activity Visas

Temporary Work (International Relations) visa (subclass 403)

This visa allows scientists, technical personnel, government officials, or other experts in the fields of science, research and innovation, to come to Australia on a temporary basis.

Visa holders are able to come to Australia to participate in an activity specified in the agreement or arrangement for up to two years.

The Training visa (subclass 407)

The training visa is for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to participate in occupational training or professional development activities.
There are three types of occupational training covered by this visa:

  • workplace-based training required for registration
  • structured workplace-based training to enhance skills in an eligible occupation
  • training that promotes capacity building overseas.

Temporary Activity visa (Subclass 408) This visa is for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to:

  • work in the entertainment industry;
  • participate in a non-ongoing cultural or social activities at the invitation of an Australian organisation;
  • observe or participate as an academic in a research project;
  • undertake full-time religious work
  • participate in a special programme to enhance international relations and cultural exchange;
  • participate in high-level sports (including training);
  • work in a skilled position under a staff exchange arrangement;
  • participate in an Australian government endorsed event;
  • work as a superyacht crew member;
  • undertake full-time domestic work in the household of certain senior foreign executives.

Australia Tourist Visa

Temporary Visitor

Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)

The Business Visitor Activities subclass 600 visa is suitable for attending conferences, negotiations or exploratory business visits.

Four streams are available under the new subclass 600 visa:

Tourist Stream:

  • Suitable for tourism activities or to visit friends or family.

Business Visitor Stream:

  • To assist with general business or employment enquiries
  • Investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract
  • Participating in conferences, trade fairs or seminars in Australia/li>

Sponsored Family Stream:

  • Allows you to be sponsored by your family to visit Australia

Approved Destination Status Stream:

  • Suitable for Chinese nationals coming to Australia as part of an approved tour group.

Electronic Travel Authority (ETA Subclass 601)

The electronic travel authority has replaced the various ETA visas that were available (subclass 976, 977 and 956). Only passport holders from certain countries (mainly in Europe, North America and North East Asia) are eligible to apply for an ETA.

Similar to subclass 600, it is possible to visit Australia for either tourism or business purposes on the new ETA subclass 601 visa.

eVisitor (Subclass 651)

The eVisitor visa can be applied for by passport holders from selected European countries.

This visa is free of charge and is lodged via the Department of Immigration's website.

Medical Treatment (Subclass 602)

Allows applicants to visit and remain in Australia to undergo medical treatment.

Retirement Visa (Subclass 410)

This visa is only available to existing Retirement visa (subclass 410) holders and their partners to extend their current visa.

Investor Retirement (Subclass 405)

Available for applicants who are 55 years of age or older, have no dependent children, are self-supported, and are able to make a significant long term financial investment in Australia. The Investor Retirement visa is a temporary visa that allows you to stay in Australia for four years.

Australian Working Holiday

A Working Holiday in Australia is a great experience and offers the chance to really live the Australian lifestyle.This visa is only available to certain eligible passport holders. Suitable for people aged 18 to 30 years, interested in a working holiday of up to 12 months in Australia. This visa can be renewed in limited circumstances for another 12 months.

Australia Tourist Visa